Lamb Butchery Course
If you keep your own sheep or just would like to develop your butchery skills then this is the course for you. Guided by our experienced butchers and livestock farmers, you will learn a little about the production of lamb for slaughter as well as the practical butchery techniques required to breakdown a whole lamb carcass. We will finish the day with a lamb lunch and celebratory drink! You will also be able to take home a joint of your butchered lamb. If you would like a partner or friend to join us for lunch they are more than welcome, at £20 head.
- Start the morning on the farm, talking about sheep breeds, lamb production and what to look for when selecting a lamb for slaughter
- Move into the Granary for a chat on knife skills, different knife types, sharpening and techniques.
- Look at the composition and cuts of a lamb carcass.
- Break down the carcass into primal cuts and then into secondary cuts.
- Finish the session with a home cooked lunch of lamb (wine included)
- Finally take home some of your butchered Wykham lamb
All ingredients and equipment will be provided. Please bring some suitable clothes for the farm, and wellies and some clean comfortable clothes for the butchery session with robust shoes, not trainers. Aprons will be provided.
|Event Date||14-01-2018 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||14-01-2018 5:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||01-11-2017|
|Cut off date||10-01-2018|